So today I’m sharing something with you that let’s be real, I should have done YEARS ago– a San Diego City Guide. I mean I was born and raised in San Diego. I’ve been holding off on this and now it’s finally here!
I’m sharing with you some of my favorite places– from brunch to shopping. This guide is a work in progress – as I discover more I’ll be adding to my list!
BRUNCH & ACAI
- Cody’s La Jolla – White sangria & Eggs Benedict
- Coffee Cup – Coffee Cup Rosemary & Zen Breakfast
- The Mission – Basically anything with their potatoes
- Fig Tree Cafe Pacific Beach – Homemade Granola
- Rum Jungle Cafe – acai bowls in a pineapple. Need I say more?
- Tiki Port OB – more acai bowls
- Crushed – Mimosa flights
- Parkhouse Eatery – Cozy American comfort food
- Urban Solace – Classic brunch with a twist
- Law Street Beach – Locals only! (JK). But it’ll be hard to spot a tourist tanning at this small but very popular locals beach.
- Mission Beach – The college scene. There are a lot of young people and it can get pretty loud. If you’re looking for a relaxing beach experience this is not for you. But if you’re looking for f.u.n. then give it a go.
- La Jolla Shores – Fam time. Though you’ll see a mix (friends, family, tourists), you’ll primarily see families with small children at La Jolla Shores
- Torrey Pines Hike – If you want cute pics & a mile long “walk.”
- Potato Chip Rock – It’s 6 miles round trip and you do it for the potato chip shaped rock at the top.
- Iron Mountain – #Views, but be ready to get your uphill incline on.
- UTC – Spend the morning visiting the seals at the La Jolla Cove before heading to UTC ( basically in La Jolla) for lunch and shopping.
- Fashion Valley – Fashion Valley is UTC’s boogier sibling. Here’s where you’ll find all your luxury brands – think Louis Vuitton, Gucci, and more.
- Girard Street – Girard Street in La Jolla is all about ambiance. It’s where you go for a nice walk, a cup of coffee, and popping into small boutiques.
- Safari Park (Read my post about it here)
- San Diego Zoo
- Balboa Park
You can find the full list here. Below are some of my favorites!
- La Jolla – Sunday’s 9AM- 1:30PM
- Little Italy – Sunday’s 8AM – 2PM
- Hillcrest – Sunday’s 9AM – 2PM
- Ocean Beach – Wednesday’s: 4 pm – 7 pm (October – March). 4 pm – 8 pm (April – September)
- Adobe Falls Hike (find my post about it here)
- San Diego Suspension Bridge (find my post about it here)
- Mushroom Caves Hike
- Ho Chi Minh Hike (find my post about it here)
What are your San Diego favorites?